Sacred Heart Family Services Women’s Shelter-24 hrs a day: 605-964-7233
Toll Free Crisis Line: 1-800-390-9298
Advocates are dedicated to helping victims/survivors (man, woman and/or child) and their friends and families who have been affected by domestic violence or sexual assault.
- Services are free and confidential
- 24-hour help line, counseling and advocacy by phone and in person
- Emergency shelter
- Emotional support
- Information services and referrals
- Advocacy/accompaniment/transportation for court procedures, medical appointments
- Assistance in completing legal forms and Crime Victim Compensation applications. All states now have crime victim compensation programs that reimburse victims for certain out-of-pocket expenses, including medical expenses, lost wages, and other financial needs considered reasonable. To be eligible, you must report the crime to the police and cooperate with the criminal justice system. Victim assistance programs in your community can provide you with compensation applications and additional information.