If your safety is in question, there are places you can call for immediate assistance.
Sacred Heart Family Services Women’s Shelter: 605-964-7233
Available 24 hrs a day.
Toll Free Crisis Line: 1-800-390-9298
Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Police Department
(24 hrs a day) 911 or 605-964-2155
City of Eagle Butte Police Department-24 hrs a day
911 or 605-964-3777
FV Advocates are dedicated to helping victims/survivors (men, women, and/or children) and their friends and families who have been affected by domestic violence or sexual assault.
- Services are free and confidential
- 24-hour helpline, counseling, and advocacy by phone and in-person
- Emergency shelter
- Emotional support
- Information services and referrals
- Advocacy/accompaniment/transportation for court procedures, medical appointments
- Advocates are able to assist with protection/restraining orders
- Assistance in completing legal forms and Crime Victim Compensation applications.
- All states now have crime victim compensation programs that reimburse victims for certain out-of-pocket expenses, including medical expenses, lost wages, and other financial needs considered reasonable.
- To be eligible, you must report the crime to the police and cooperate with the criminal justice system.
- Victim assistance programs in your community can provide you with compensation applications and additional information.